Propane is one of the most versatile, cost-effective and environmentally friendly fuel sources in the world. Its versatility and portability make it a great choice for both residential and commercial use in Michigan, and it helps save you money and reduce your home’s carbon footprint too. Propane is one of the cleanest burning fossil fuels, in other words, it is an eco-friendly gas. It does not produce high carbon emissions and does not release carbon dioxide or act as a greenhouse gas when released into the air.
Here are some points to ponder why propane gas is eco-friendly.
- When released into the air, propane does not release carbon dioxide or act as a Greenhouse Gas.
- Propane produces less than half the Greenhouse Gas emissions that electricity does while its exhaust creates 60 percent to 70 percent fewer smog-producing hydrocarbons than gasoline.
- Propane is nontoxic and insoluble in water. Because it’s released as a gas, it doesn’t spill, pool, or leave a residue. That means propane is not harmful to soil or water in the unlikely event of a tank leak.
- Propane heaters produce less Greenhouse Gas emissions compared to electric water heaters.
- Propane has a lower carbon content than fuel oil, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, and ethanol.
- When properly mixed, propane emits virtually no soot, and low carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, and oxides of nitrogen.
A derivative of the natural gas and oil refining process, propane is abundantly available and has many applications from residential to industrial to automotive.
In your home alone, propane can be used to run your water heater, stove, dryer, furnace, lighting, generator, barbecue, pool heater, fireplace and much more – all while saving you money on your energy bills and reducing your carbon footprint.
Combine this with Dependable gas LP Co. extensive service area and commitment to customer care and you can feel confident that you will receive the best possible propane experience – from your initial inquiries to installation, and propane deliveries. For more information on how propane can work for you, contact us today!